Features at a Glance
New! Progressive® Insurance Boat School
An educated boater is a safe boater
Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information, and click HERE for a complete schedule.
Seabreacher — See the Ultimate Diving Machine
Imagine a vessel that looks—and performs—like the union of a marine mammal and a high performance fighter jet. It’s no fantasy—it’s the Seabreacher!
A dramatic breakthrough in recreational boating, the Seabreacher is an exciting submersible watercraft that pushes the limits of what people can do in the water. It operates much like an aircraft, with full three-axis of control. What does that mean? It means the Seabreacher can dive, jump, roll, porpoise and perform other amazing aquabatic tricks—at breathtaking speeds!
See the Seabreacher in action
Jetovator—See the Latest Watersports Sensation
The Jetovator is a thrilling new water sports accessory that lets riders reach new heights of fun on the water—literally!
Connect the Jetovator to a personal watercraft (PWC) and riders find themselves seated on a hydro-powered water bike boasting the attitude of a racing motorcycle crossed with a fighter aircraft. Yet, it’s as easy to ride as a bike.
Simple to use controls let riders soar up to 30 feet in the air, cruise up to 25 mph and dive 20 feet under the water to perform a wide range of aerial tricks and dives, including wheelies, barrel rolls and back flips.
See the Jetovator in action
Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training
On-the-water learning events—only at the boat show!
Nothing beats hands-on experience when it comes to improving your boating skills and learning new ones. This year’s show features a full schedule of one-hour and three-hour hands-on, on-the-water workshops designed to add more fun and excitement to your boat show experience…and take your boating skills up a notch. There’s something for everyone—from absolute beginners to seasoned skippers!
Learn from experts: All sessions are taught by USCG licensed captains who are also certified professional instructors.
One-Hour Powerboating Workshops
Learn through hands-on exercises conducted underway. Choose from:
- Basic Close Quarters Powerboat Handling – Essential boat handling skills for maneuvering in tight spaces and docking situations. For those new to boating or boaters who would like a “refresher”
- Advanced Close Quarters Powerboat Handling - managing wind and current, docking bow and stern first in a slip, and more. For boaters with some experience or those who’ve completed the “Basic Close Quarters Powerboat Handling” clinic and want to learn some additional skills
- Open Water Boat Handling & Seamanship – handling the boat away from the docks including using trim tabs and or engine trim to balance the boat properly, managing waves and wakes, rules of the road for meeting, crossing and overtaking, and more. For new boaters and those who would like a skills refresher with a professional captain
- Anchoring and Rafting Up with Other Vessels – How to anchor securely including techniques for managing a dragging anchor, freeing a fouled anchor and rafting up safely with other vessels. For all experience levels.
Advance registration highly recommended. Registration fee: $15 advance online registration or $25 at the show. (Show admission not included). CLICK HERE for details and to register.
Three-Hour Powerboating Workshops
Created specifically for and presented only at the show, these three-hour, underway sessions feature additional skills training and more practice time at the helm. Choose from:
- Powerboating Made Easy— Includes docking and maneuvering skills, managing the boat in open water, essential rules of the road, anchoring and fundamental chart navigation techniques, and more. For those new to boating or those needing a “refresher”
- Advanced Docking & Precision Boat Control in Tight Spaces—Features docking techniques in challenging conditions, managing wind and current confidently, using spring lines for docking maneuvers and more. For experienced boaters or those looking to move up in vessel size or class
Advanced registration highly recommended. Registration fee: $100 advance online registration or $125 at the show Participants who register in advance online will receive FREE boat show admission for the day.
CLICK HERE for details and to register.
See the ALL-NEW Miss GEICO Racing Boat
The six-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6-ft. wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500 HP piston racing engines which will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph!
Watch Video »
Welcome to the Water Center
Get started in boating or learn how to make the most of your time on the water. The Welcome to the Water Center is your one-stop resource for boating information and advice
•Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
•Expert, unbiased advice on finding a boat that best suits your lifestyle and your budget
•Information you can trust and local resources to help you get started
Boating on a Budget
Think owning a boat is out of your reach? Think again! When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is far more affordable than you may realize. Be sure to stop by and check out this special showcase of boats you can own for less than $250 per month.
Compare costs of Boating vs. other Leisure Activities
Fred’s Shed—DIY Seminars & Interactive Learning Center
Located in Space # C-38
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics:
- Watch certified marine technician and expert wrench slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways.
- Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or motor.
- Take part in discussions, ask questions and participate in hands-on-clinics.
Together, “The Boating Guy” and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor,” bring more than 50 years of boating and wrench-slinging experience to the Shed.
Check back for a complete list of seminars.
Big Boats—Expanded In-Water Exhibit!
Whether you're in the market for a luxury cruiser, or are just dreaming about the day your ship will come in, your search for the ultimate boat starts here! Our expanded in-water display will showcase nearly 100 best-in-class vessels, ranging in size from 30 to 90 feet! See a stunning assortment of large pleasure craft, including luxury yachts, sportfishers, sport cruisers, motor yachts, family cruisers, and more.
The number of people allowed on board select craft may be limited, both to ensure enjoyable viewing and for safety considerations; appointments may be required to board these boats.
Meet Bikini Bottoms' favorite resident! Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants is making a special appearance at the show. He'll be on hand to greet his fans and pose for pictures Saturday and Sunday, September 6 & 7, from Noon – 4pm. Don't forget your camera!
Party Barge—Centrally located on the in-water floating docks
Catch up with your friends, enjoy live music and great drink specials on the Party Barge. While you're there, be sure to check out the expanded in-water section featuring a wide selection of motor yachts, sport fishing vessels and pleasure boats ranging from 30-80 feet.