The 2019 Progressive® Insurance Tampa Boat Show presented by West Marine is a must-attend event for boaters, novices and anyone interested in experiencing the Tampa waterfront, firsthand. This year’s show features an expanded footprint, with 36,000 square feet of accessories and booth displays and nearly 400 boats at all different price ranges and interests.
The oldest, largest and only in-water show in the Bay area, now in its 54th year, is bringing in a lineup of new features, seminars and learning experiences for attendees. Visitors can take advantage of the Boater’s Yacht Club Lounge and local students will benefit from the first-ever Boating Career Day offering an education Q&A with marine industry professionals. Even more, the Show is offering new and unbeatable ticket discounts for Friday evening attendees– $5 tickets after 5 p.m. – and families with a Sunday Funday Family Pack ticket.
Below is a lineup of other can’t miss features all weekend long.
REASONS TO VISIT THE 2019 TAMPA BOAT SHOW:
ALL WEEKEND EVENTS
· Tampa’s Only In-Water Boat Show: From fishing skiffs and pontoons to luxury yachts and powerboats, the newest models are making their debut at the lowest prices. This year’s Queen of the Show in a must-see: MarineMax will display the 2018 Ocean Alexander 70 Evolution boasts 4 cabins, 3 heads and an impressive array of creature comforts that only a Made-in-America yacht could offer.
· New! Boater's Yacht Club Lounge: Guests can meet up with friends or kick back and enjoy the bay while delighting in live island music, exotic cocktails and free Wi-Fi while at a tented oasis adjacent to the expanded in-water portion of the show.
· New! On-Water Training Aboard a brand-new Catamaran: Suited for new or veteran sailors, this hands-on experience will allow all participants to master their skills. Pre-registration required at TampaBoatShow.com
· Boost your Boating IQ:
o Progressive® Insurance Boat Club: Progressive has teamed up with the Annapolis School of Seamanship to help patrons master the seas. The event is complete with a virtual reality experience that puts attendees at the helm of a simulated boat race.
o On-Water Boat Training from BoatUS: All levels of on-water experience can sign up for boating courses to hone skills or learn new ones with Boat U.S., including a Junior Captain program allowing kids ages 13 through 17 to learn how to operate a boat in a safe controlled environment. Pre-registration required at TampaBoatShow.com
- Women Make Waves Presented by BoatUS: Want to learn the basics of powerboating or brush up on your skills? The nonprofit BoatUS Foundation along with Tampa’s Freedom Boat Club will lead ‘Women Making Waves’. This intro-to-boating course covers shifting and steering, basic docking, open-water handling and basic navigation. The Boat US’ Women Make Waves Training will be available to women 21 and older Friday – Sunday at various times throughout the day. Reserve your spot by clicking here.
THURSDAY (Sep. 5)
· Rub Elbows with the VIPs: Come out Thursday, Sep. 6, for an early preview of the in-water boats along with cocktails, live music and more. Tickets can be purchased online only.
FRIDAY (Sept. 6)
· New! Friday $5 After 5PM: Enjoy the $5 after 5 p.m. happy hour party with $5 adult tickets after 5 p.m. and $5 drink specials with nautical entertainment to kick-off the weekend is a can’t miss event.
· New! Career Day: Boating leaders from manufacturers, dealers and marinas will host an interactive morning session and Q&As with local students to learn more about careers in the marine industry. The session will be hosted Friday morning before Show opening.
SATURDAY (Sep. 7)
- Ladies Day – Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!: Join other female fishing enthusiasts and boaters for a full-day of education and networking, complete with a complimentary happy hour sponsored by Freedom Boat Club. The event will run noon – 6 p.m., with an optional early-bird cruise from 10 – 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sep. 8. Pre-registration required. Purchase here.
SUNDAY (Sep. 8)
· Bring the Kids: Sunday, September 8 is Family Day at the Show. Families can purchase a 4-pack of tickets for two adults and two children at a special price. Aspiring school-aged sailors can visit the Kids’ Zone all weekend long and look out for a special (yellow) guest throughout the weekend.
Editor’s Note: Reserve media passes by registering at www.TampaBoatShow.com. For more information or to schedule interviews, please contact Megan Licursi at 513.404.2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept. 6-8, 2019
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Note: In-water area closes at sunset
VIP Sept. 5
Thursday: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (tickets must be bought in advance online)
Tampa Convention Center
333 South Franklin St.
Tampa, FL 33602
Adults 13 and older: $12
Youth 12 and under: FREE (when accompanied by a paid adult)
- $3 off tickets available for all members of the military with proof of valid ID
- $5 tickets after 5 p.m. on Friday ONLY
- $20 family online ticket package for 2 adults and 2 children – Sunday ONLY
Purchase tickets at TampaBoatShow.com or at the show box office starting 9 a.m. Sept. 6
About the Progressive® Insurance Tampa Boat Show®
The Progressive Insurance Tampa Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.